Monday 27 November 2006

Herman Dune: Giant - Album Review

Once again, I have fallen in love with a Swedish band. Only recently having discovered them, they consist of André Herman Düne (guitars and vocals), David-Ivar Herman Düne (guitars and vocals) and Neman Herman Düne (drums and sometimes backing vocals).

The first track I heard is "I wish I could see you soon" which has an accompanying video which is simple and beautiful. Andre introduces 3 letters Y-O-U and says "when they are together they are a word, they are the best name in the world" before proceeding into the brilliantly crafted tune, with upbeat guitar followed by the "angels" singing and horns.

In fact, why not just watch it yourself....


There are some very witty, amusing little lines, especially in the song 1-2-3 Apple Tree with such as "if you're puzzled and if you don't understand me, you can play me like a DVD". It's a childlike love song with other gems like "If you called me Ray if my name was Raymond, your name ain't Suzanne but i would call you Sue, to show you how much i like to be with you"

I get the impression that David Ivar is not making fun of you, but just having fun with you.

The percussion through the album is particularly impressive with "Doctor Lori Schonberg" on the bongo drums on many tracks.

David-Ivar often goes from singing to talking and back which makes it almost like he's talking to you personally and much of the lyrics give you the same impression.

Overall a brilliant album with variation, personal tales and some touching love songs.

For some reason Amazon are not selling this album but you can find it on CD Wow or HERE

Herman Dune: www.hermandune.com
Myspace Page: www.myspace.com/therealhermandune

No comments:

Google