Friday 17 November 2006

Jamieson Tobey: Everybody Feels The Same - Album Review

I recently got sent a message from this chap on myspace. As it was a personal message rather than a random add, I decided to give him my time and listen to his music. (www.myspace.com/jamiesontobey) I was pleasantly surprised.

I liked it so much I got his album shipped to me from the USA. I have to say I am very impressed. He plays ALL instruments on the whole recording including hammer chimes, sleighbells and "bottles played with chopsticks" along with several more conventional instruments.

The 2nd song "Everybody feels the same" is a powerful tune with the chorus "Rest assured, that the world is fucking with me too". It's a somewhat poppy almost upbeat number, and rich in sound.

Smoke is another catchy tune. With a repeated bell theme throughout. Jamieson's myspace intro was based on our both being fans of Brendan Benson and you can hear that catchy pop music without the usual tripe. Jamieson has produce an album worthy of note, the tracks are uplifting in the main with a couple of slower ones for variety.

I highly recomend giving this album a go - you wont be dissappointed.

This album can be purchased from CD Baby
Jamieson Tobey website: www.jamiesontobey.com
Myspace Page: www.myspace.com/jamiesontobey

No comments:

Google